#11 - The Quran contradicts the Bible in the matter of saying that both the Bible and the Quran are the Word of God, and then contradicting that. (continued)
The Quran not only denies that Jesus is God,
but also denies that Jesus is even the Son of God.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 9:30, ...THE CHRISTIANS CALL CHRIST THE SON OF GOD. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) THEY BUT IMITATE WHAT THE UNBELIEVERS OF OLD USED TO SAY. ALLAHS CURSE BE ON THEM: HOW THEY ARE DELUDED AWAY FROM THE TRUTH!
There is certainly not much harmony there between the Bible and the Quran.
The Quran puts a curse upon anyone who would even say that Jesus is the Son of God.
15. That means the Muslim could not even agree to John 3:16-18, For ______ so loved the world, that he ________ his only begotten ______, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For ______ sent not his ______ into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved. He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten ______ of ______.
Notice, carefully, Muhammads statements about Christians.
The Quran says in Surah 2:91, When it is said to them, BELIEVE IN
WHAT ALLAH HATH SENT DOWN, (he was referring to his claim that
the Quran was sent down from God), THEY SAY, WE BELIEVE IN
WHAT WAS SENT DOWN TO US; (the Christians reply that they
believe the Bible was sent down from God, and that they trust it),
YET THEY REJECT ALL BESIDES, (the Christians reject all other books
that claim to be from God), EVEN IF IT BE TRUTH CONFIRMING WHAT
IS WITH THEM. This shows Muhammads increasing frustration with Christians,
because they were not accepting his book, the Quran, as being from God.
Note: It also shows how little Muhammad actually knew about the teachings of the Bible, because he was still thinking that what he had written in the Quran, was in agreement with the Bible. Please remember what we just saw in John 3:16-18. Those are simple and well known verses of the Bible. In each of those three verses, the Bible affirms that God has a Son. Remember what Muhammad wrote about that? The Quran says in Surah 9:30, ...THE CHRISTIANS CALL CHRIST THE SON OF GOD. That is a saying from their mouth; (in this) THEY BUT IMITATE WHAT THE UNBELIEVERS OF OLD USED TO SAY. ALLAHS CURSE BE ON THEM: HOW THEY ARE DELUDED AWAY FROM THE TRUTH! This is just a simple reminder that unsaved people do not really understand the Bible.
16. 1 Corinthians 2:14 says, But the ______________ man receiveth ______ the things of the Spirit of God: for they are ______________________ unto him: neither can he ________ them, because they are ______________________ discerned.
Note: When people hear the Bible, but do not believe and obey it, then they deceive themselves just like Muhammad deceived himself into thinking that his writings agreed with the Bible.
17. James 1:22 says, But be ye __________ of the word, and not hearers only, __________________ your ______ selves.
Note: Muhammads frustration did not bring him to repentance and to the point of acknowledging that he had more to learn about the Bible. Instead, he tried to build up himself and his book over the Bible. He wrote in the Quran in Surah 5:59, Say O PEOPLE OF THE BOOK! (referring to the Christians, who believe the Bible) DO YE DISAPPROVE OF US FOR NO OTHER REASON THAN THAT WE BELIEVE IN ALLAH, AND THE REVELATION THAT HATH COME TO US ?
This is a clear acknowledgement that Christians were not accepting the name Allah as
referring to the true and living God. This is a good lesson for many political and religious
leaders in our day who often say that Muslims and Christians worship the same God
the Christians in Muhammads day knew that was not the case at all. Muhammads
statement also clearly shows that Christians were rejecting the Quran as being Scripture.
So Muhammads writing in the Quran began to be more critical of the Christians. He wrote in Surah 5:15, O People of the Book! (referring to Christians being people of the Book, the Bible), There hath come to you OUR MESSENGER (a reference to Muhammad), Revealing to you MUCH THAT YE USED TO HIDE IN THE BOOK (accusing the Bible of being unclear and hiding the truth from the people), And PASSING OVER MUCH (THAT IS NOW UNNECESSARY); (claiming that much in the Bible is now unnecessary for Gods people), There hath come to you from Allah a PERSPICUOUS BOOK (saying that the Quran is much plainer and easier to understand than the Bible the word perspicuous means, plain to the understanding especially because of clarity and precision of presentation (Merriam Websters 11th Collegiate Dictionary)) So Muhammad tries to persuade Christians that he is the latest prophet from God, and that the Bible is somewhat outdated, but that he has brought a clearer and easier-to-understand word from God, the Quran.
It is the same old pitfall of every cult. They first claim to believe the Bible
and have a high regard for it; but just say that they have further word
from God in their writings and teachings. But without fail, those leaders
lack true understanding of the Bible, so it shows forth the errors of their
books and doctrines. At that point, they reach a crossroads: they must
either repent and admit their error; or they must claim that their works
and teachings now supersede the Bible. Sadly, cult leaders choose the
latter choice to exalt their writings and teachings above Gods Word, the Bible.
That is exactly the choice that Muhammad made to try and exalt the Quran above the Bible.
18. Mark 7:7-9 says, Howbeit in ________ do they worship me, teaching for __________________ the commandments of ______. For laying __________ the commandment of ______, ye hold the tradition of ______, as the washing of pots and cups: and many other such like things ye do. And he said unto them, Full well ye ____________ the commandment of ______, that ye may keep your own tradition. 19. Mark 7:13 says, Making the ________ of God of ________ effect through your __________________, which ye have delivered: and many such like things do ye.
Note: Notice the downward progression. First, they begin teaching for doctrines the commandments of men. When any work of man is placed on the same level of the Bible like that, then you will see the next step take place. Second, the Bible is laid aside, because favor is given to the commandments of men over the Bible. Once that first step takes place, where anything is allowed to be placed on the same level as the Bible, the Bible will always end up being laid aside, and the work of man exalted above it. Third, the Bible is rejected by those people, because it conflicts with their own doctrines. Fourth, the Bible is made of none effect in the lives of those people, because their own tradition and doctrines now supersede the Bible in their thinking even though they still maintain that they believe the Bible. This is true of many cults: Muslims, Mormons, Jehovahs Witnesses, Catholics, etc. All of them claim to believe the Bible, but have actually placed their own books and/or traditions and/or perverted translations above the true Word of God, the Bible.
#12 - The Quran contradicts the Bible by teaching that Abrahams father was Azar, instead of Terah.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 6:74, Lo! ABRAHAM SAID TO HIS FATHER AZAR The Bible repeats over and over that Terah was Abrahams father not Azar.
1. Genesis 11:24-30 says, And Nahor lived nine and twenty years, and begat __________: And Nahor lived after he begat Terah an hundred and nineteen years, and begat sons and daughters. And __________ lived seventy years, and __________ __________, Nahor, and Haran. Now these are the generations of Terah: __________ __________ __________, Nahor, and Haran; and Haran begat Lot. And Haran died before his father Terah in the land of his nativity, in Ur of the Chaldees. And Abram and Nahor took them wives: the name of Abram's wife was Sarai; and the name of Nahor's wife, Milcah, the daughter of Haran, the father of Milcah, and the father of Iscah. But Sarai was barren; she had no child.
2. Genesis 11:31-32 says, And __________ took __________ his ______, and Lot the son of Haran his son's son, and Sarai his daughter in law, his son Abram's wife; and they went forth with them from Ur of the Chaldees, to go into the land of Canaan; and they came unto Haran, and dwelt there. And the days of Terah were two hundred and five years: and Terah died in Haran.
Note: This is not a matter of a name change in Scripture from Terah to Azar. Abrams name was changed later on to Abraham.
3. Genesis 17:3-5 says, And __________ fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, As for me, behold, my covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. Neither shall thy ________ any more be called __________, but thy name shall be ______________; for a father of many nations have I made thee.
Note: No where in the Bible does it mention any man with the name of Azar, so this is not a case of a name-change for a man. The Quran clearly contradicts the Bible by saying that Abrahams father was Azar, instead of Terah.
#13 - The Quran contradicts the Bible by saying that Pharaohs men performed miracles first, and then Moses and Aaron copied them.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 7:113-117, So there came the sorcerers to Pharaoh They said: O MOSES! WILT THOU THROW (FIRST), OR SHALL WE HAVE THE (FIRST) THROW? SAID MOSES: THROW YE (FIRST). So when they threw, they bewitched the eyes of the people, and struck terror into them: for they showed a great (feat of) magic. We put it into Mosess mind by inspiration: THROW (NOW) THY ROD: and behold! It swallows up straightaway all the falsehoods which they take.
The Bible makes is clear that it was Pharaohs men
that were doing the copying not Moses and Aaron.
1. Exodus 7:9-12 says, When ______________ shall speak unto you, saying, ________ a ______________ for you: then thou shalt say unto Aaron, Take thy ______, and cast it before Pharaoh, and it shall ____________ a ______________. And Moses and Aaron went in unto Pharaoh, and they did so as the LORD had commanded: and Aaron cast down his rod before Pharaoh, and before his servants, and it became a serpent. Then Pharaoh also called the wise men and the sorcerers: now the __________________ of Egypt, they also did in ________ ____________ with their enchantments. For they cast down every man his rod, and they became serpents: but Aaron's rod swallowed up their rods.
Note: God has told us to not imitate the world.
2. Romans 12:2 says, And be ______ __________________ to this __________: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what is that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.
One of the greatest problems of our day is that Gods people
are trying to imitate the world. One of those problem areas is music.
3. Psalms 96:1 says, O ________ unto the ________ a ______ song: sing unto the LORD, all the earth.
Note: The contemporary crowd twists that verse to try and make it say that Christians should forsake the sacred hymns and sing new music, rock music, in the churches. That verse is actually teaching the exact opposite. It is calling Gods people to forsake their old worldly music that they played before they were saved, and calling them to now sing a new song to the Lord sacred music.
4. 2 Corinthians 5:17 says, Therefore if any man be in ____________, he is a ______ creature: ______ things are ____________ ________; behold, ______ things are become ______.
When a person gets saved, rock music needs to pass away it needs to die.
That person needs to sing a new song to the Lord sacred music.
5. Ephesians 5:17-19 says, Wherefore be ye not ____________, but __________________________ what the ________ of the ________ is. And be not drunk with wine, wherein is excess; but be filled with the Spirit; Speaking to yourselves in ____________ and ___________ and __________________ songs, singing and making melody in your heart to the Lord.
Note: Please see Bible Course BC-E-108, on the subject of Music, for further study.
So the Quran has Moses and Aaron, the men of God, simply following
and imitating the men of the world. That is the exact opposite of what really
took place, and the exact opposite of what God wants His people to do today.
Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Final Test Liberty Bible Course Directory