#11 - The Quran contradicts the Bible in the matter of saying that both the Bible and the Quran are the Word of God, and then contradicting that.
Note: Islam, at first, teaches that the Old Testament and the New Testament are the Word of God, and that the Quran is simply more in the same line (more Scripture given from God). The Quran says in Surah 3:3, 4, It is HE WHO SENT DOWN TO THEE (STEP BY STEP), IN TRUTH, THE BOOK (the Book here is referring to the Quran),...CONFIRMING WHAT WENT BEFORE IT, and He sent down THE LAW (OF MOSES) (referring to the Old Testament)...and THE GOSPEL (OF JESUS) (referring to the New Testament) before this, as a guide to mankind So Muhammad claimed that the Quran was sent down from God, just like the Old and New Testaments of the Bible, and that it simply confirmed the previous revelation from God (the Bible).
The problem that Muhammad ran into was that if something is perfectly fine the way
it is, then there is no need for something new. If the Old and New Testaments were fine,
then why would people need the Quran? So what started out with kindly words about
the Old and New Testaments, began to change. Now, Muhammad had to
build up the Quran as better than the Bible, to get people to read it.
The Quran says in Surah 10:37, THIS QURAN IS NOT SUCH AS CAN BE PRODUCED BY OTHER THAN ALLAH; ON THE CONTRARY OF (REVELATIONS) THAT WENT BEFORE IT, and A FULLER EXPLANATION OF THE BOOK wherein there is not doubt from the lord of the Worlds. First, Muhammad claimed that the Quran was SO GOOD, that it could have ONLY been PRODUCED by GOD. Surah 10:37, This Quran is not such as can be produced by other than Allah Second, now Muhammad gives a slam against the Bible. Surah 10:37, This Quran is not such as can be produced by other than Allah; on the CONTRARY OF (REVELATIONS) THAT WENT BEFORE IT
Now Muhammad contradicts his own statement about the Bible.
He had written that the Bible was sent down from God, and that the Quran
was simply in the same line and confirmed what God already had given
in the Old and New Testaments. Contradicting that statement, Muhammad
now wrote that the Quran is so special, that only God could have produced it
unlike those revelations which went before it, (meaning the Old and New Testaments).
So now he is contradicting himself and saying that the Bible is really not from God, but from man.
Third, Muhammad continues his writing trying to build up the Quran as superior to the Bible, and says in Surah 10:37, This Quran is not such as can be produced by other than Allah; on the contrary of (revelations) that went before it, and a FULLER EXPLANATION OF THE BOOK WHEREIN THERE IS NOT DOUBT from the lord of the Worlds.
So Muhammad was clearly trying to get people to have doubts
about what the Bible says, and to build up his own book, the Quran,
as the only truly authoritative book from God. But from Christians
(who really do believe the Bible), Muhammad ran into strong opposition.
1. Proverbs 30:5-6 says, Every word of God is ________: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. ______ thou ______ unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a liar. 2. Revelation 22:18-19 says, For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of the prophecy of this book, If any man shall ______ unto these things, God shall add unto him the ______________ that are written in this book: And if any man shall ________ ________ from the words of the book of this prophecy, God shall take away his part out of the ________ of ________, and out of the holy city, and from the things which are written in this book.
Because of these Scriptures, Christians rejected the Quran,
because it tried to add to the Word of God,
and it also contradicted what God had clearly said.
Note: Christians were just fulfilling what Muhammad had earlier admired about them in Surah 5:82 Strongest among men in enmity to the Believers wilt thou find the Jews and Pagans; and NEAREST AMONG THOSE IN LOVE TO THE BELIEVERS WILT THOU FIND THOSE WHO SAY, WE ARE CHRISTIANS: because amongst these are men DEVOTED TO LEARNING and men who have RENOUNCED THE WORLD, and they are NOT ARROGANT.
3. Christians are told to check out what they hear or read. Acts 17:11 says, These were more __________ than those in Thessalonica, in that they received the word with all __________________ of mind, and ________________ the __________________ daily, whether those things were ____.
Note: Muhammad was not surprised that Christians would carefully scrutinize the Quran. Surah 4:82 says, DO THEY NOT CONSIDER THE QURAN (WITH CARE)? Had it been from other than Allah, they would surely have found therein much discrepancy.
4. 1 Thessalonians 5:21 says, __________ ______ things; hold fast that which is good.
The problem that Muhammad encountered was that he himself did not know
the Bible like he thought he did. He was convinced that the Quran would be
approved by Christians, and that they would find no discrepancy between the two.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 4:82, Do they not consider the Quran (with care)? HAD IT BEEN FROM OTHER THAN ALLAH, THEY WOULD SURELY HAVE FOUND THEREIN MUCH DISCREPANCY. The word discrepancy means, variance; disagreement (Merriam-Websters 11th Collegiate Dictionary). Muhammad had claimed, in Surah 6:19, THIS QURAN HATH BEEN REVEALED TO ME BY INSPIRATION. If that statement were true, then Muhammads writings would not contradict any of the Bible, because the Bible was given by inspiration of God.
5. 2 Timothy 3:16-17 says, All __________________ is given by ______________________ of ______, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness: That the man of God may be ______________, throughly furnished unto all good works.
Muhammad talked about the Law (of Moses), which referred to
the Old Testament; and the Gospel (of Jesus), which referred to
the New Testament. These two sections of the Bible do not contradict
each other, but are in harmony. The same cannot be said about the Quran
and the Bible, because the Quran clearly contradicts many things written in the Bible.
Note: Lets look at some examples of how the Old and New Testaments of the Bible are in harmony with each other.
6. Isaiah 9:6 says, For unto us a child is ________, unto us a son is __________: and the government shall be upon his shoulder: and his name shall be called Wonderful, Counsellor, The ____________ ______, The ______________________ ____________, The Prince of Peace.
How could you have a person be born, and then call that one, God?
This is an amazing prophecy in the Old Testament, and it explains how
that could be possible the child is born (the earthly body of flesh is born),
but the son is given (the Son is the eternal God, and is given straight from heaven).
Note: Does the New Testament harmonize with that incredible prophecy, or does it contradict it? The New Testament harmonizes with that prophecy, and shows us the fulfillment of it.
7. John 3:16-17 says, For God so loved the world, that he ________ his only begotten ______, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life. For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
Note: This miraculous event is described in Luke chapter 1.
8. Luke 1:26-27 says, And in the sixth month the angel Gabriel was sent from God unto a city of Galilee, named Nazareth, To a ____________ espoused to a man whose name was Joseph, of the house of David; and the virgin's name was ________.
9. Luke 1:30-31 says, And the angel said unto her, Fear not, Mary: for thou hast found __________ with God. And, behold, thou shalt ________________ in thy womb, and bring forth a son, and shalt call his name __________.
10. Luke 1:32-33 says, He shall be __________, and shall be called the ______ of the ______________: and the Lord God shall give unto him the throne of his father David: And he shall reign over the house of Jacob for ever; and of his kingdom there shall be no end.
11. Luke 1:34-35 says, Then said Mary unto the angel, ______ shall this be, seeing I know not a man? And the angel answered and said unto her, The ________ __________ shall come upon thee, and the __________ of the ______________ shall overshadow thee: therefore also that ________ thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the ______ of ______.
12. The Book of Luke is not the only witness of this event in the New Testament, but also the Book of Matthew. Matthew 1:20-23 says, But while he thought on these things, behold, the angel of the Lord appeared unto him in a dream, saying, Joseph, thou son of David, fear not to take unto thee Mary thy wife: for that which is __________________ in her is of the ________ __________. And she shall bring forth a son, and thou shalt call his name __________: for he shall save his people from their sins. Now all this was done, that it might be fulfilled which was spoken of the Lord by the prophet, saying, Behold, a ____________ shall be with child, and shall bring forth a son, and they shall call his name ________________, which being interpreted is, ______ ________ ____.
Note: So here we see the miraculous fulfillment of how a child could be born, but the Son be given, thus explaining how a person could be born who could be called The Mighty God, and the Everlasting Father. Jesus is God Almighty in the flesh.
The New Testament does not scoff at such a prophecy, but in perfect harmony
with the Old Testament, tells us how that incredible prophecy was indeed fulfilled.
But the Quran disagrees with that Old Testament prophecy, and thus scoffs at it.
In fact, the Quran calls such a prophecy, blasphemy, that Jesus is
God Almighty in the flesh, and One with the Father.
The Quran says in Surah 5:72, THEY DO BLASPHEME WHO SAY ALLAH IS CHRIST THE SON OF MARY. Whoever joins other gods with Allah Allah will forbid him the Garden, and THE FIRE WILL BE HIS ABODE.
The Quran clearly says that it is blasphemy to say that Christ is God,
and that whoever does say that will go to hell. It does not sound like
there is too much harmony between the Quran and the Bible, does there?
The Quran says in Surah 5:73, THEY DO BLASPHEME WHO SAY: ALLAH IS ONE OF THREE IN A TRINITY.
13. That does not sound too much in harmony with the Bible in 1 John 5:5-7, which says, Who is he that overcometh the world, but he that believeth that Jesus is the Son of God? This is he that came by water and blood, even Jesus Christ; not by water only, but by water and blood. And it is the Spirit that beareth witness, because the Spirit is truth. For there are __________ that bear record in heaven, the ____________, the ________, and the ________ __________: and these __________ are ______.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 5:75 CHRIST, the son of Mary, WAS NO MORE THAN A MESSENGER; MANY WERE THE MESSENGERS THAT PASSED AWAY BEFORE HIM. The Quran clearly states that Jesus was no more than a messenger or prophet just like the MANY who passed away before Him.
So the Quran teaches that Jesus was not God, and that He was
no better than any of the prophets that lived before Him.
That clearly contradicts what the Bible teaches, and that is clearly blasphemy.
14. God the Father is speaking to the Son in Hebrews 1:8, and we read, But unto the ______ he saith, Thy throne, O ______, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom.
Note: So God the Father Himself calls the Son, God.
Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Final Test Liberty Bible Course Directory