#8 - The Quran contradicts the Bible in the matter of the Person of Jesus Christ. (continued)
The Muslims claim that Jesus was only a prophet and messenger, and did not
claim to be the Son of God but even Satan knew that Jesus is the Son of God.
15. Matthew 4:3-7 says, And when the ______________ came to him, he said, If thou be the ______ of ______, command that these stones be made bread. But he answered and said, It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God. Then the __________ taketh him up into the holy city, and setteth him on a pinnacle of the temple, And saith unto him, If thou be the ______ of ______, cast thyself down: for it is written, He shall give his angels charge concerning thee: and in their hands they shall bear thee up, lest at any time thou dash thy foot against a stone. Jesus said unto him, It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.
Even the demons know
that Jesus is the Son of God.
16. Matthew 8:28-29 says, And when he was come to the other side into the country of the Gergesenes, there met him two __________________ with ____________, coming out of the tombs, exceeding fierce, so that no man might pass by that way. And, behold, they cried out, saying, What have we to do with thee, __________, thou ______ of ______? art thou come hither to torment us before the time?
Even the Jewish leaders clearly understood
that Jesus was claiming to be the Son of God.
17. Matthew 26:63-66 says, But __________ held his peace. And the high ____________ answered and said unto him, I adjure thee by the living God, that thou tell us whether thou be the ____________, the ______ of ______. Jesus saith unto him, Thou hast said: nevertheless I say unto you, Hereafter shall ye see the Son of man sitting on the right hand of power, and coming in the clouds of heaven. Then the high priest rent his clothes, saying, He hath spoken blasphemy; what further need have we of witnesses? behold, now ye have heard his blasphemy. What think ye? They answered and said, He is guilty of death.
18. John 5:16-18 says, And therefore did the ________ persecute __________, and sought to slay him, because he had done these things on the sabbath day. But Jesus answered them, My ____________ worketh hitherto, and I work. Therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only had broken the sabbath, but said also that ______ was his ____________, making himself __________ with ______.
19. Matthew 27:39-43 says, And they that passed by reviled him, wagging their heads, And saying, Thou that destroyest the temple, and buildest it in three days, save thyself. If thou be the ______ of ______, come down from the cross. Likewise also the chief priests mocking him, with the scribes and elders, said, He saved others; himself he cannot save. If he be the King of Israel, let him now come down from the cross, and we will believe him. He trusted in God; let him deliver him now, if he will have him: for he said, I am the ______ of ______.
After watching Jesus suffer and die,
the centurion also confessed that Jesus is the Son of God.
20. Matthew 27:54 says, Now when the centurion, and they that were with him, watching Jesus, saw the earthquake, and those things that were done, they feared greatly, saying, Truly this was the ______ of ______.
Mark also testified
that Jesus is the Son of God.
21. Mark 1:1 says, The beginning of the gospel of __________ ____________, the ______ of ______.
The angel Gabriel testified
that Jesus is the Son of God.
22. Luke 1:35 says, And the angel answered and said unto her, The Holy Ghost shall come upon thee, and the power of the Highest shall overshadow thee: therefore also that holy thing which shall be born of thee shall be called the ______ of ______.
John the Baptist testified
that Jesus is the Son of God.
23. John 1:29-34 says, The next day ________ seeth __________ coming unto him, and saith, Behold the Lamb of God, which taketh away the sin of the world. This is he of whom I said, After me cometh a man which is preferred before me: for he was before me. And I knew him not: but that he should be made manifest to Israel, therefore am I come baptizing with water. And John bare record, saying, I saw the Spirit descending from heaven like a dove, and it abode upon him. And I knew him not: but he that sent me to baptize with water, the same said unto me, Upon whom thou shalt see the Spirit descending, and remaining on him, the same is he which baptizeth with the Holy Ghost. And I saw, and bare ____________ that this is the ______ of ______.
As we have previously seen, God the Father calls Jesus
His Son. And, in the passage below, God the Father
tells people to honor His Son as Himself.
24. John 5:20-23 says, For the ____________ loveth the ______, and sheweth him all things that himself doeth: and he will shew him greater works than these, that ye may marvel. For as the ____________ raiseth up the dead, and quickeneth them; even so the ______ quickeneth whom he will. For the ____________ judgeth no man, but hath committed all judgment unto the ______: That all men should ____________ the ______, even as they ____________ the ____________. He that honoureth not the ______ honoureth not the ____________ which hath sent him.
Anyone that claims to be honoring God, while at the same time
trying to teach that Jesus is less than God, is not honoring God at all.
#9 - The Quran contradicts the Bible in the matter of dealing with thieves.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 5:38, As to the thief, male or female, CUT OFF HIS OR HER HANDS: a punishment by way of example, from Allah. That is a clear contradiction to what God says to do to a thief.
1. Exodus 22:1-9 says, If a man shall __________ an ox, or a sheep, and kill it, or sell it; he shall ______________ five oxen for an ox, and four sheep for a sheep. If a __________ be found breaking up, and be smitten that he ______, there shall no blood be shed for him. If the sun be risen upon him, there shall be blood shed for him; for he should make full ________________________; if he have nothing, then he shall be sold for his theft. If the theft be certainly found in his hand alive, whether it be ox, or ass, or sheep; he shall ______________ double. If a man shall cause a field or vineyard to be eaten, and shall put in his beast, and shall feed in another man's field; of the best of his own field, and of the best of his own vineyard, shall he make ______________________. If fire break out, and catch in thorns, so that the stacks of corn, or the standing corn, or the field, be consumed therewith; he that kindled the fire shall surely make ______________________. If a man shall deliver unto his neighbour money or stuff to keep, and it be stolen out of the man's house; if the __________ be found, let him ______ double. If the thief be not found, then the master of the house shall be brought unto the judges, to see whether he have put his hand unto his neighbour's goods. For all manner of trespass, whether it be for ox, for ass, for sheep, for raiment, or for any manner of lost thing, which another challengeth to be his, the cause of both parties shall come before the judges; and whom the judges shall condemn, he shall ______ double unto his neighbour.
God did not instruct His people to cut off the hands of thieves. God commanded
for thieves to make restitution. Restitution means to make amends, to make good,
to restore, to be at peace (Strongs Concordance, H-7999). To cut off the thieves hand
would make it about impossible for them to obey God and to pay back for their crimes.
Note: Today, insurance companies, and the public through them, are having to bear the burden of paying for the acts of criminals. Thieves should have to repay for their own crimes. To be a real deterrent for them to not steal again, the amount to repay was double to five times the amount stolen. Please see Bible Course BC-E-104, on the subject of Hell, for a detailed study of restitution in the matter of stealing.
The Bible only taught to cut off someones limbs, if that
is what they had wrongly done to someone else first.
2. Exodus 21:22-25 says, If men strive, and hurt a woman with child, so that her fruit depart from her, and yet no mischief follow: he shall be surely punished, according as the woman's husband will lay upon him; and he shall pay as the judges determine. And if any mischief follow, then thou shalt give life for ________, Eye for ______, tooth for __________, hand for ________, foot for ________, Burning for ______________, wound for __________, stripe for ____________.
Note: Today, it is common for criminals to beat up elderly people and rob them. Then, when the criminals get caught, they quickly cry, Police brutality! if they get roughed up at all when being arrested. The above verses make it clear that criminals should have inflicted upon them the same physical abuse with which they harm their victims. If they beat their victims, then they should be beaten. If they cause their victims to lose a hand, or a foot, or an eye as a result of their injuries in the crime then the thieves should have their hand or foot cut off, or their eye taken out. If this Biblical punishment were practiced, criminals would think twice before laying a hand upon anyone.
The Bible teaches like-punishment for crimes,
but Islam teaches brutality.
3. Judges 1:4-7 says, And Judah went up; and the LORD delivered the Canaanites and the Perizzites into their hand: and they slew of them in Bezek ten thousand men. And they found Adonibezek in Bezek: and they fought against him, and they slew the Canaanites and the Perizzites. But Adonibezek fled; and they pursued after him, and caught him, and cut off his ____________ and his great ________. And Adonibezek said, __________________ and ______ kings, having their thumbs and their great toes cut off, gathered their meat under my table: as I have ________, so God hath ________________ me. And they brought him to Jerusalem, and there he died.
Note: Sadly, those with great power and authority sometimes brutally abuse people. Such was the case with Adonibezek. He had conquered threescore and ten kings. A score equals 20, so threescore and ten equals 70. These were all kings whom he had conquered, and then cut off their thumbs and great toes. That was a brutal thing to do, and so when Gods people conquered him, they inflicted like-punishment upon him. To requite means, to make return for; to repay; to make retaliation for; to avenge (Merriam-Websters 11th Collegiate Dictionary). Adonibezek confessed that he got exactly what he deserved for the brutality he had practiced upon others. Islam does not follow the like-punishment principle found in the Bible, but follows the brutality of men like Adonibezek. This brutality is practiced, not just upon thieves, but upon all who are not Muslims.
Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Final Test Liberty Bible Course Directory