#1 - The Quran contradicts the Bible in the naming of the animals.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 2:31, And HE TAUGHT ADAM THE NAMES of all things The Quran says that God named everything, and then just taught Adam what the names were. This is a clear contradiction of what the Bible teaches.
1. In Genesis 2:19-20, the Bible says that Adam named all the animals. And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto ________ to see what he would ________ them: and whatsoever ________ called every living creature, that was the ________ thereof. And ________ gave __________ to all cattle, and to the fowl of the air, and to every beast of the field; but for Adam there was not found an help meet for him.
Note: Muhammad claimed to be receiving more Scripture from God, but is God confused? Did He forget who really named the animals, because it happened so many hundred years ago? No, God has not forgotten.
2. Proverbs 30:5-6 says, Every word of God is pure: he is a shield unto them that put their trust in him. ______ thou ______ unto his words, lest he reprove thee, and thou be found a ________.
Note: God says that when people try to add to His Word, they will be found out to be liars.
The Bible tells us that Adam not only named the animals,
but also named the gender and personal name of his wife.
3. Genesis 2:21-23 reveals that Adam gave Eve her gender name, And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall upon Adam, and he slept: and he took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh instead thereof; And the rib, which the LORD God had taken from man, made he a woman, and brought her unto the man. And ________ said, This is now bone of my bones, and flesh of my flesh: she shall be called __________, because she was taken out of Man.
4. Genesis 3:20 reveals that Adam gave Eve her personal name, And ________ called his wife's name ______; because she was the mother of all living.
#2 - The Quran contradicts the Bible in the object of true worship.
Note: The Quran teaches that after God taught Adam what the names of all the animals were, that He then played a little game with the angels about the matter. The Quran says in Surah 2:31-34, And He taught Adam the names of all things; then He placed them before the angels, and said: Tell Me the names of these if ye are right. They said: Glory to Thee: of knowledge we have none, save what Thou hast taught us: in truth it is Thou who are perfect in knowledge and wisdom. He said: O Adam! tell them their name. When he had told them, Allah said: Did I not tell you that I know the secrets of heaven and earth, and I know what ye reveal and what ye conceal? And behold, WE SAID TO THE ANGELS: BOW DOWN TO ADAM: AND THEY BOWED DOWN: NOT SO IBLIS: HE REFUSED AND WAS HAUGHTY: HE WAS OF THOSE WHO REJECT FAITH. So the Quran teaches that God taught Adam the names of all the animals, and then turned to the angels to see if they could guess the right names. The Quran says that instead of God telling the angels what the correct names were (when they did not even try to guess the right ones), He then told Adam to tell them the names. The Quran teaches that God then told the angels to bow down to Adam (presumably because he knew the names of the animals, and they did not). The Quran teaches that Iblis (a name the Quran uses for Satan), would not obey God and bow down to Adam.
This little game that the Quran teaches God played on the angels,
also contradicts the Bible, because the Quran teaches that man
is greater than the angels, and thus worthy of their worship.
1. Psalms 8:4-5 tells us, What is ______, that thou art mindful of him? and the son of man, that thou visitest him? For thou hast made him a little __________ than the ____________, and hast crowned him with glory and honour.
Note: The Bible teaches that man was created lower than the angels not higher. But that does not make the reverse true (that men should bow down to angels because they are higher).
2. Revelation 22:8-9 says, "And I ________ saw these things, and heard them. And when I had heard and seen, I fell ________ to ______________ before the feet of the __________ which shewed me these things. Then saith he unto me, See thou ____ it ______: for I am thy fellowservant, and of thy brethren the prophets, and of them which keep the sayings of this book: ______________ ______."
The Quran contradicts the Bible. God would never instruct one of His beings
to fall down and worship another one. Angels are not to bow down to man,
and man is not to bow down to angels. God alone is worthy of worship.
3. Matthew 4:8-10 says, Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them; And saith unto him, All these things will I give thee, if thou wilt fall ________ and ______________ me. Then saith Jesus unto him, Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt ______________ the ________ thy ______, and him ________ shalt thou serve.
#3 - The Quran contradicts the Bible in the matter of Satans rebellion.
Note: The Quran says in Surah 2:34, And behold, WE SAID TO THE ANGELS: BOW DOWN TO ADAM: and they bowed down: NOT SO IBLIS: HE REFUSED AND WAS HAUGHTY: he was of those who reject faith. Here, the Quran teaches that SATANS FALL was in that he would NOT BOW DOWN before ADAM. That is a contradiction to what the Bible teaches. Satans fall was in regard to the fact that he wanted to receive the worship for himself, that was due to God alone.
1. Isaiah 14:12-15 says, How art thou ____________ from heaven, O ______________, son of the morning! how art thou cut down to the ground, which didst weaken the nations! For thou hast said in thine heart, I will ascend into heaven, I will __________ ____ ____________ above the stars of God: I will sit also upon the mount of the congregation, in the sides of the north: I will ascend above the heights of the clouds; __ ________ ____ like the most High. Yet thou shalt be brought down to ________, to the sides of the pit.
2. Ezekiel 28:14-17 says, Thou art the anointed ____________ that covereth; and I have set thee so: thou wast upon the holy mountain of God; thou hast walked up and down in the midst of the stones of fire. Thou wast ______________ in thy ways from the day that thou wast created, till ________________ was found in thee. By the multitude of thy merchandise they have filled the midst of thee with violence, and thou hast sinned: therefore I will cast thee as profane out of the mountain of God: and I will destroy thee, O covering cherub, from the midst of the stones of fire. Thine heart was lifted up because of thy ____________, thou hast __________________ thy wisdom by reason of thy brightness: I will cast thee to the ground, I will lay thee before kings, that they may behold thee.
Satans problem was not that he was jealous of man (because man knew
the names of the animals). Satans problem was that he was jealous of God.
Satan did not want mans position he wanted Gods position.
Note: So the Quran teaches a false cause of Satans fall, and a false elevation of man over the angels. Although man is made lower than the angels, that does not mean that the angels are going to be over man in eternity.
3. Hebrews 2:5 says, For unto the ____________ hath he ______ put in subjection the __________ to ________, whereof we speak. 4. 1 Corinthians 6:2-3 says, Do ye not know that the saints shall judge the world? and if the world shall be judged by you, are ye unworthy to judge the smallest matters? Know ye not that ____ shall judge ____________? how much more things that pertain to this life?
Note: We are going to stand as testimonies in the final judgment day, when the fallen angels are brought before God and cast into the lake of fire. Our presence there is going to show that it was possible to humble ourselves and submit to God, even though we had never seen Him. Thus we will be witnesses of judgment against the angels which have seen God, and yet have rebelled against Him. They will be without excuse for their rebellion.
5. Matthew 25:41 says, Then shall he say also unto them on the left hand, Depart from me, ye ____________, into _____________________ fire, prepared for the __________ and his ____________.
Chapter 1 Chapter 2 Chapter 3 Chapter 4 Chapter 5 Final Test Liberty Bible Course Directory